The Life Of A Student Nurse....

Monday, November 20, 2006

Clinicals are over

The 16th of November was our last clinical day. I will definitely miss it! I really enjoyed interacting with my patients and learning TONS of interesting things. Sadly though, as mentioned in a previous post, one of my patients passed away. Thankfully, it didn't happen on a day that I was there. I'm not sure how I would have handled it.

Next semester Adult nursing and Maternal/Child nursing starts. I've heard many, many things about maternal/child. I'm still not sure if I'm looking forward to that or not. My sister has been a nurse for over 10 years now and when she first started school she told me that she wanted to work OB......well, that changed dramatically after she started her OB rotation. I'm sure most new nursing students want to work in OB or peds because it's all warm and fuzzy. But, I'm thinking about all the screaming, dilated, 100% effaced women! I don't know if I can handle all the screaming women! ARGH! I've never had children so I don't understand the pain. But, to defend myself. I can't stand the women that get all hysterical in movies either. It just really grates my nerves!

Oh, good news! I have a job interview today! I've been trying for quite a while to get a position in a hospital, which by the way are very hard to come by around here. The hazards of living in a very small city. Anyway, I'm nervous as can be expected but also very excited. I'll post the outcome of the interview as soon as I know.

I better run....gotta get all prettied up for my interview.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home